Source: Google Video
This PBS documentary details the events that occurred on December 26, 2004, in which an undersea earthquake off of the coast of Sumatra, Indonesia caused massive tidal flooding along several coasts in the Indian Ocean, including Indonesia, Sri Lanka, India and Thailand. Over 225,000 people lost their lives, and is considered one of the worst natural disasters in recorded history.
In the Library:
- Iles, Curt. 2005. Hearts across the water: stories of hope from hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and the tsunami. Dry Creek, Louisiana: Creekbank Stories. [link: WorldCat]
- Tsunami response : lessons learned : hearing before the Committee on Foreign Relations, United States Senate, One Hundred Nineth [sic] Congress, first session, February 10, 2005. USGPO. [4th floor, Gov. Docs: Y 4.F 76/2:S.HRG.109-153]
- Murty, T. S., U. Aswathanarayana, and N. Nirupama. 2006. The Indian Ocean tsunami. London: Taylor & Francis. [link: WorldCat, NetLibrary]
- The December 26, 2004, Sumatra Earthquake and Indian Ocean Tsunami: Field Perspectives on the Impacts to the Peoples, Cultures - An information portal by the Center for Global Studies at the University of Illinois.
- Asian Tsunami 2004 - An information portal linking to governmental and academic material.
- NOAA Center for Tsunami Research