Profile of the controversial and contradictory character of Oliver Cromwell, a crucial figure in overthrowing the tyrannical Stuart monarchy and, for a short time, turning England into a 'Republican Commonwealth' before becoming a tyrant himself!
In the Library:
- Bennett, Martyn. 2006. Oliver Cromwell. Routledge historical biographies. London: Routledge. [link: NetLibrary]
- Cromwell, Oliver, and Thomas Carlyle. 1871. Oliver Cromwell's letters and speeches; with elucidations. London: Chapman and Hall. [link: WorldCat]
- Hill, Christopher. 1970. God's Englishman; Oliver Cromwell and the English Revolution. New York: Dial Press. [link: WorldCat]
- McMains, H. F. 2000. The death of Oliver Cromwell. Lexington, Ky: University Press of Kentucky. [link: WorldCat]
On the Web:
- The Oliver Cromwell Website (from the Cromwell Association and the Cromwell Museum Huntingdon)